I provide individual psychotherapy services to children, adolescents and adults who are trying to work through life’s challenges and live in a more authentic and fulfilling way. Using a combination of verbal therapy, art therapy and attention to the way the body carries our stories, I aim to work with you in a way that resonates.
Psychotherapy can help you to:
- Improve interpersonal relationships
- Develop more effective communication strategies
- Develop coping skills to manage anxiety and stress
- Process unresolved traumas or overwhelming experiences
- Develop tools for coping with depression
- Have a space to explore intrusive feelings, thoughts and emotions
- Develop a stronger sense of self
- Find new more effective ways of being in the world
Often our present day struggles are rooted in patterns that developed in the past. I will work with you to identify patterns that are no longer serving you and help you to develop tools and coping strategies to live more authentically.
Therapy can help you become more comfortable living in a gray space where there is uncertainty, ambiguity and ambivalence, which is, essentially, how most of life is.
Anxiety and depression often occur when there is a preoccupation with the past or fear about the future. Much of the work of therapy involves becoming more mindfully aware of the present moment and finding ways to return to it. I think one of the challenges of being human is living in a world where things are not black and white. Therapy can help you become more comfortable living in a gray space where there is uncertainty, ambiguity and ambivalence, which is, essentially, how most of life is.
I am happy to speak with you for a free 30 minute phone consultation prior to scheduling an appointment.